Washington University of St. Louis Nurse Practitioner - Gold Hospitalists - 50151 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 42 hours per week, with (7) 12 hours days over a two week period.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Gold Hospitalists. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Nurse Practitioners in the division of Hospital Medicine provide care for hospitalized patients at Barnes-Jewish and Barnes-Jewish West County Hospitals. Nurse practitioners collaborate individually with physicians from the Washington University School of Medicine Division of Hospital Medicine.
Nurse practitioners provide care for patients of varying complexity who may require short-term critical care services in the event of clinical deterioration. No outpatient or ambulatory care is required. While working closely with division physicians, nurse practitioners will be expected to operate with substantial clinical autonomy. Candidates should be familiar with the provision of inpatient care and proficient in acute care medicine. Acute care certification, while not required, is preferred.
Position provides primary and/or specialty nursing and/or medical care in a variety of settings; works under physician oversight as required by state regulation, and functions within the scope of practice defined by the NP’s specialty certification, BJH medical by-laws, and, where it exists, the collaborative practice agreement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct patient care to include obtaining patient history, performing patient assessment via observation, interview and examination; orders, performs, and interprets diagnostic studies; performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care; provides direct treatment and management of acute and chronic disease conditions; develops and implements patient-centered plan of care in collaboration with physicians, patients, consultants, nurses, ancillary care providers, and others as appropriate to the patient’s condition.
- Manages health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources; may perform diagnostic or therapeutic interventions consistent with certification and state regulations.
- May bill for services covered by collaborative practice agreement.
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options, and community resources.
- Monitors/ensures accuracy of patient medical records, maintains all required reports, records, statistics, etc.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with established clinic/hospital standards.
- Provides management services for clinical research study projects; monitors participating subjects, including medication administration and family/patient education.
- Works in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Regularly participates in constant quality improvement and process improvement activities centered on the goal of providing exceptional, evidence-based patient care.
- Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Current MSN with emphasis in the Nurse Practitioner program.
- APN licensure or ability to successfully obtain licensure within 3 months of date of hire; Certain/additional certifications may be necessary based on area of specialty; Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- Previous inpatient nursing experience at RN and NP level.
- Holds current certification in patient care field and required specialty.
- ACNP Certification and current hospital employment highly preferred.
The hiring range for this position is $78,915 - $142,077 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Nurse Practitioner - Gold Hospitalists - 50151
Job ID: 50151
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time