Washington University of St. Louis North County Kidney Center in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week. Hours of operation are MWF from 5:00 am - 7:00 pm with alternating weekends as facility grows.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the North County Kidney Center. The position is located at the New Florissant Dialysis Center.
Position provides direct patient care and education for patients receiving treatments, examinations, surgeries, etc., in a medical office according to established procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes the nursing process in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating a plan of patient care
- Provides patient care, which may include administering medication, performing procedures, and monitoring patient status in accordance with approved nursing practice
- Provides appropriate counsel and education to patients/family regarding disease process and symptom management
- Maintains medical records requiring appropriate and timely recording of patient information
- Consults with members of the health care team, adjusting nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient outcomes
- Assists the health care provider with examinations, procedures, prescription refills, and other processes related to direct patient care
- Maintains required skills and competencies and participates in educational programs, staff meetings, and in services such as CPR as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Current Missouri RN licensure in accordance with Compact Act; Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements.).
- 1 year of related medical experience.
- Working knowledge of general nursing theory and practice with ability to recognize and interpret symptoms/conditions and ability to function in new and emergent situations.
The hiring range for this position is $48,402 - $67,683 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Staff Nurse - North County Kidney Center - 41862
Job ID: 41862
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time