Washington University of St. Louis Neurology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position functions as a Registered Medical Assistant in busy clinical site locations for the providers and provider teams within the Department of Neurology. Prepares and maintains exam rooms. Directs the patient flow, obtains and records meaningful use discrete data into the electronic health record, assists with procedures and/or patient care equipment/supplies. Ensures the overall smooth running of the clinical office.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates a high commitment to excellence in service and quality through interactions with team members, Neurology faculty, staff, referring physicians, patients and their families while focusing on service culture and continuously striving to align with the Department of Neurology’s mission and vision.
- Interacts directly with providers, provider teams, and patients in clinical setting, completes clinical tasks which include, but not limited to, obtaining vital signs, preparing/cleaning/stocking exam rooms, and rooming patients. In addition, prepares medical records for clinic visits by making certain all paperwork is complete and ready for the provider prior to seeing the patient.
- Accurately obtains and enters medical information/Meaningful Use discrete data in EHR, assist with procedures and/or patient care equipment/supplies – including, but not limited to – CPAP machine education/downloads, provider injections (ex: Botox), LPs, DBS, VNS, and pump refills. Answers basic questions from patient/family regarding treatments, diagnoses, and procedures.
- Professionally greets and arrives patients for their clinic visits; confirms patient registration, insurance, demographics in GE/IDX system. Schedules return visits, ancillary testing and assists with the precertification process, as needed.
- Routes phone messages, patient questions and telephone communications to the appropriate sections, as needed. Assists provider and provider teams during clinic with paperwork, appropriate phone calls, faxing and coping of material.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED; a Registered or Certified Medical Assistant with a minimum of 6 months of related work experience (examples of related fields include military medic, emergency medical technicians, Nurse’s Aide, physical therapy and nurse technicians, and certified athletic trainers); substitutions include:
- Medical Assistant certification/registration eligible with successful completion of certification exam within 6 months of hire date or within a shorter time frame if noted by hiring manager
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program (such as RN/LPN), or comparable allied health training program with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements.).
- Able to work with a multidisciplinary staff of physicians, nurses, patients and support staff.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
The hiring range for this position is $14.17 - $17.35 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Registered Medical Assistant II - Neurology - 41389
Job ID: 41389
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time