Washington University of St. Louis Neuro Imaging Research Technician II - Neurology - 51091 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Assist faculty and fellow with MRI experiments, which might include post acquisition processing, image analysis, creating scripts to automate workflow, quality control, data management, administer patient questionnaires and functional testing.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Download/transfer images to appropriate server, review/prepare images for analyses.
- Run developed image processing scripts under supervision.
- Apply analytical approaches to neuroimaging and related data using various imaging tools and programs.
- Write/implement computer algorithms and scripts for analyzing functional and structural MRI data of the brain.
- Administer patient questionnaires, functional testing, and basic cognitive testing.
- Provide routine data entry with accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure quality control of imaging acquisition, processing, and analysis.
- Maintain databases with good data management skills.
- Provide descriptive and basic statistical analyses on data.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Some college and one year of related experience in imaging research.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science related field.
- Experience in similar research labs or environments.
- Related experience in imaging research
- Familiarity with standard computer programming languages (MATLAB, Python, C/C++, csh, bash), statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, R), and neuroimaging software packages (FSL, SPM, FreeSurfer, AFNI and 3D Slicer).
- Willingness and ability to make programs useful for researchers with varying levels of computer skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
The hiring range for this position is $14.07 - $18.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Neuro Imaging Research Technician II - Neurology - 51091
Job ID: 51091
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time