Washington University of St. Louis Medical Oncology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Medical Oncology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Our laboratories study cancer and kidney diseases. We combine bioinformatics and experimental approaches to advance precision medicine. We have created various in vivo and in vitro experimental models that are valuable in studying the etiology and treatment for these devastating diseases. We combine in vivo, ex vivo, and in vitro methods to study the pathogenic mechanisms in a multidisciplinary manner. Ongoing projects in our laboratories involve cancer proteogenomics, molecular circuitry regulating tumorigenesis, hereditary kidney diseases, and functional studies of genomic variants. We are looking for an individual to participate in research projects which address questions that are both fundamental in biology and highly relevant in the clinic.
Candidates with at least a bachelor's degree and a minimum of 1 year of experience in a laboratory setting are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge and experience in molecular biology, cell culture, biochemistry, and mouse models.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to generate, analyze, and organize data and reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
Base pay commensurate with experience.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
- Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards.
- Must be physically able to wear protective equipment.
- Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Opportunities - Medical Oncology - 42258
Job ID: 42258
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time