Washington University of St. Louis Manager, Patient Accounts - DOM Pre-Arrival Services - 48658 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Medicine. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position manages the Department of Medicine Pre-arrival staff and operations. Oversees pre-arrival operations and WQs for complete patient registration and insurance coverage assignment, insurance eligibility verification, insurance benefit checks, and obtaining specialist referrals from primary care physicians. Manages pre-arrival support for primary care offices by obtaining approvals from insurance to specialists. Prepare productivity and other monitoring reports for the unit’s activity. Manage staff working charge review edits and claim form edits.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage pre-arrival staff and operations in the Department of Medicine Business office. Also has responsibilities for the Heart Care Institute. Responsible for interviewing and hiring staff, performance evaluations, and follow up with disciplinary procedures when necessary. Maintain staff schedules and determine coverage of duties when staff is out. Develop and update policies and procedures and communicate these to staff in a timely manner.
- Work closely with team leads to facilitate timely staff communication, feedback and education.
- Coordinates feedback to division staff and clinical areas with regard to non-contracted plans and any specialist referral issues, insurance follow-up and reimbursement related issues.
- Understands and communicates department expectations and billing goals both monthly and fiscally as it pertains to PCP referrals, prior authorizations, and controllable losses. Facilitate processes for improvement where needed. Incorporate billing compliance into all billing activities, i.e. charge review edits and claim edits, and keep updated on applicable payer guidelines.
- Monitor quality of work and productivity of pre-arrival and AR staff. Audit work processes and implement changes to improve the accuracy and efficiency of processes.
- Serves on school committees and special projects and other duties as designed.
Equivalent of Bachelor’s degree in related field with five plus years of experience in supervision preferably in patient accounts.
- This position requires a thorough understanding of both Washington University’s fiscal year cycles and monthly billing deadlines.
- Applicant should be detail oriented and possess problem solving and analytical skills pertaining to billing and reimbursement.
- Must have organization and communication skills that require discretion with confidential information.
- This person must be able to work independently, prioritize multiple tasks, have knowledge of medical terminology, and is capable of working in a fast paced environment with monthly deadlines.
- Must possess excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
The hiring range for this position is $71,323 - $92,788 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Manager, Patient Accounts - DOM Pre-Arrival Services - 48658
Job ID: 48658
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time