Washington University of St. Louis Manager, Division of Clinical Research - Bone Marrow Transplant - 50128 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology. The position is located at the Mid Campus Center. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
Position is responsible for overall clinical research study planning, coordinating, and execution of all study-related activities, including extensive interaction wth the Internal Review Board (IRB), study sponsors, and investigators.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the Division of Clinical Research and the day-to-day functions of the division.
- Recruits, hires, manages, and reviews clinical research staff, including salary sourcing decisions with participation of investigators.
- Makes recommendations and participates in the development of and implements decisions and policies and procedures for the clinical research division.
- Oversees federal and sponsor funding; monitors financial performance of the clinical research division against operating budget.
- Monitors compliance of the clinical research division with the IRB, federal mandates, and grant compliance; identifies areas needing improvement and suggests solutions to problems.
- Assists with compliance monitoring and audits.
- Aids in the strategic planning of the Division of Clinical Research.
- Responsible for research education and training of clinical research staff to include the development of a research manuals and training program to maintain research compliance.
- Acts as a liaison in matters relating to clinical research activities between the department, the School of Medicine, and external agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration or a related field.
- Minimum of four years of experience in management, and direct experience in research-related activities.
- SOCRA or ACRP certification required within twelve months of hire (or at the time of eligibility).
- Knowledge of grant compliance and FDA regulations.
- Accounting experience.
- Familiarity with University systems.
- Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
- Ability to organize or schedule people or tasks, to develop realistic plans while being sensitive to the needs of different constituencies, time constraints, and resource availability.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and effectively, presenting ideas, documenting activities, reading and interpreting written information such as federal, state, and internal guidelines and requirements.
The hiring range for this position is $71,323 - $92,789 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Manager, Division of Clinical Research - Bone Marrow Transplant - 50128
Job ID: 50128
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time