Washington University of St. Louis Manager, Clinical Trials & Operations - Anesthesiology Clinical Research - 49452 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Anesthesiology – Division of Clinical & Translational Research. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position oversees and coordinates complex clinical research studies for the Department of Anesthesiology and supervises the pool of shared research coordinators and research nurses. Serves as a resource to provide comprehensive information to faculty and clinical research staff by promoting a smooth operation of clinical research; responsible for preparation of metrics, performance measurement criteria, and audit processes. Works alongside grant team for financial management of clinical research funds, and in tandem with the Manager of Clinical Research – Regulatory and Clinical Research Specialist on regulatory and compliance matters.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides high level of direct and indirect administrative, operational, and fiscal management support to all clinical research PIs, Chief of the Division of Clinical and Translational Research (DoCTR), and Director of Research Administration.
- Serves as a resource to clinical research staff, ensuring mentorship and oversight of studies and policies and procedures; ensures that research projects are completed according to IRB and federal guidelines. Assigns studies, monitors workload, and provides supervision for all staff. May manage studies assigned as a lead coordinator; assists all other research coordinators and nurses with overall workflow. Works with PIs and RN staff to provide study training to the research coordinator pool.
- Works with PIs to design, perform, and evaluate operational procedures; confers with PIs to assist in developing plans for research projects, serves as a backup resource for study feasibility discussions and interpretation of results; may assist in the preparation of manuscripts for publications and assists with clinical study budget development for grant proposals to sponsoring agencies.
- Assists the Division Director in the ongoing development and growth of DoCTR, smooth administrative and operational workflow, and in supporting the expansion of clinical research.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures; provides comprehensive direction to clinical research personnel; manages the hiring, training, and evaluation of clinical research staff.
- May provide study coordinator functions and perform all duties associated with the coordination and implementation of clinical research projects, data collection, and the management of data generated by study protocols.
- Researches and recommends new methods and procedures to maintain standards and improve quality. Manages and reviews study enrollment and consent metrics. Makes recommendations to improve enrollment. Corresponds with study sponsors regarding questionnaires, budgets, CTAs and other contracts, etc.
- Assists in protocol development, oversight of site visits, monitor visits, enrollment and consent of patients, amendments and study close out procedures for a variable number of grant and industry sponsored studies.
- Promotes / maintains good public relations with all research faculty, staff, central regulatory / compliance offices at WU, grants team, and study subjects, acting as a liaison between other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent level of training and experience.
- Minimum of one to two years’ experience in clinical research.
- SOCRA or ACRP certification required within twelve months of hire and/or when eligible.
- Master’s degree plus seven years of clinical and research experience specific to industry and grant funded trials.
- Five years of lead or supervisory experience.
- RN preferred.
- PC and data management skills (Microsoft, Redcap).
- Strong organizational skills with prior experience in financial management of grants.
- RN licensure in state of Missouri.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work effectively and pleasantly with a diverse range of faculty, trainees, and staff; must have demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Able to handle confidential information professionally.
- Ability to work independently, exercising mature judgment with minimal supervision.
The hiring range for this position is $71,323 - $92,788 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Manager, Clinical Trials & Operations - Anesthesiology Clinical Research - 49452
Job ID: 49452
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time