Washington University of St. Louis LPN - Interventional Psychiatry - 50651 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Interventional Psychiatry. The position is located at the Taylor Avenue Building. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Nurse for this position will provide care for patients undergoing interventional psychiatry procedures. Procedures include transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) and administration of specialty medications in a controlled medical outpatient setting.
Position provides nursing care under supervision, for assigned patients according to established standards and practices.
Nurse will be trained in such procedures and will work with supervision of physician.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) procedures per physician prescription and according to established protocol.
- Administers specialty medication to patients and monitors patients in a controlled medical setting according to established protocol.
- Monitors and respond appropriately to changes in patient treatments.
- Conducts rounds on all assigned patients receiving treatment to ensure orders executed and treatment parameters followed when required.
- Administers medications as prescribed within state and facility guidelines.
- Provides initial emergency response and performs CPR when required.
- Obtains vital signs periodically as per established protocols.
- Assists in the assessment, monitors and terminates prescribed tests, and performs basic nursing care including simple dressings, administration of intramuscular medications and IV fluid maintenance.
- Charts all procedures and medication administration appropriately in the electronic medical record.
- Uses instruments to monitor patients including rating scales.
- Reviews patient data and communicates pertinent information to superior in a timely manner, charting entries appropriately.
- Cooperates with other personnel to achieve department objectives and maintain good employee relations, interdepartmental objectives, and infection control policies.
- Participates in development, implementation and evaluation of patient care plans with other members of the patient care team.
- Responds to patient and staff concerns in timely appropriate fashion, reports to appropriate supervisor.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with department standards.
- Maintains and monitors supplies and equipment ensuring adequate stock of supplies and proper functioning.
- Maintains medication supplies, accountability and disposal according to University and jurisdiction guidelines.
- Fills out and sends to respective agencies required documentation pertaining patients’ treatments.
- Participates in inservice, continuing education and staff programs.
- Graduate of LPN program.
- REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: Current LPN licensure in the state of Missouri and/or Illinois as applicable by state of work location or received within three months from date of hire; Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- Experience with psychiatric patients.
- CPR training.
- Working knowledge of general nursing theory and practice with ability to recognize and interpret symptoms/conditions and assist in emergency or adverse situations.
- At least one year of work experience.
The hiring range for this position is $17.58 - $26.39 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
JOB LOCATION/WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal medical office environment with some exposure to patient elements, bloodborne diseases, prolonged, extensive or considerable standing, walking, lifting and moving patients, supplies and equipment.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: LPN - Interventional Psychiatry - 50651
Job ID: 50651
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time