Washington University of St. Louis Insurance Billing/Collection Assistant III - Surgery Business Services Organization - 48996 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Surgery Business Services Organization. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Performs advanced billing and collection activities. Acts as Lead IBC Assistant. Make collection calls, verifying accuracy and completeness of claims, contacts insurance companies and collection agencies in regards to expediting payments from various payers for physician’s services. Handles discounts, adjustments and charge corrections.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as Lead IBC Assistant. Responsible for training and orientating other IBC Assistants.
- Performs collection follow-up duties on specific financial classifications such as commercial insurance, self-pay, Medicare and Medicaid claims.
- Handles discounts, adjustments, and charge corrections.
- Makes collection calls to insurance companies and patients to ensure timely payment of claims.
- Reviews remittance advises for rejection and accuracy of payment amounts.
- Verifies accuracy and completeness of charge tickets, monitors attachments for claims to obtain maximum reimbursements.
- Contacts insurance companies regarding posting payments and collection agencies regarding payment reports.
- Responds to questions and requests from Insurance companies.
- Supports customer service unit in answering billing and collection questions.
- Acts as back-up support for Accounts/Receivable staff during peak times, vacations and illnesses.
High School diploma or equivalent High School certification with three to five years of previous billing or insurance experience.
- Two years of college or business school.
- Working knowledge of computers, general office equipment, telephone console, medical terminology, collection techniques and communication skills that involves dealing with confidential information.
The hiring range for this position is $18.81 - $23.52 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Insurance Billing/Collection Assistant III - Surgery Business Services Organization - 48996
Job ID: 48996
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time