Washington University of St. Louis Insurance Billing/Collection Assistant II - WU Physicians Billing Service - 49048 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of WU Physicians Billing Service. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Responsible for follow-up insurance billing and collection activities, verifying accuracy and completeness of claims, contacting insurance companies, and other related duties to expedite payments from various payers for physician services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs collection follow-up duties for third party payers to ensure timely and accurate payment of physician charges.
- Review correspondence and remittances for rejections and verification of accuracy.
- Respond to questions and requests received from insurance companies.
- Assist with special projects.
- Interact with clinical department staff to discuss payer issues.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager.
- High School diploma or equivalent High School certification.
- Two to three years of related experience in bookkeeping/accounting and/or medical collection setting.
- Experience with Epic.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Working knowledge of computer billing systems.
- Familiarity with ICD-9 AND CPT-4 coding.
The hiring range for this position is $15.85 - $19.43 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Insurance Billing/Collection Assistant II - WU Physicians Billing Service - 49048
Job ID: 49048
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time