Washington University of St. Louis Insurance Billing/Collection Assistant II - WU Physicians Billing Service - 48980 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of WU Physicians Billing Service. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Responsible for follow-up insurance billing and collection activities, verifying accuracy and completeness of claims, contacting insurance companies, and other related duties to expedite payments from various payers for physician services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs collection follow-up duties for third party payers to ensure timely and accurate payment of physician charges.
- Review invoices, correspondence and remittances for rejections and verification of accuracy.
- Utilizes the payer websites, and Claim Status.
- Consistently have fewer than five invoices in the DRT view and no department MTC's more than three days old in the ETM views.
- Consistently meets the Quality Assurance (QA) standard of 95% as established within the department.
- Consistently meets the productivity standard of working an average of 60 invoices per day as established within the department.
- Interacts with clinical department staff to discuss issues.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager and/or supervisor.
- Assist with special projects.
High School diploma or equivalent certification with two to three years of related experience in bookkeeping/accounting and/or medical collection setting.
- Experience with Epic.
- Two to three years of experience in a medical collection setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Working knowledge of Epic and familiar with ICD-/10 and CPT Coding.
- Ability to meet the established productivity and quality assurance standards to ensure effective collections and claim resolutions.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Insurance Billing/Collection Assistant II - WU Physicians Billing Service - 48980
Job ID: 48980
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time