Washington University of St. Louis Insurance Billing/Collection Assistant II - Radiology - 50212 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Radiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Performs billing and accounts receivable activities. Works and resolves patient registration and coverage charge review edits and claim form edits. Makes calls to payers and patients/guarantors verifying accuracy and completeness of registration and insurance coverage information, contacts insurance companies for eligibility verification as needed. Corrects all registration and coverage errors in order to release charges and claims.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Researches and resolves patient registration and coverage charge review edits and claim form edits.
- Identifies and completes missing/incorrect patient registration and coverage information.
- Contacts guarantor/patient for accurate coverage information as needed. Corrects registration and/or coverage information.
- Utilizes electronic eligibility or contacts the payer by phone or website to verify eligibility and plan nuances.
- Accesses hospital registration systems to review registration and coverage information and review for accuracy and/or necessary corrections.
- Resubmits charges/claims and verifies all errors have been resolved and clean claim has dropped.
- Performs duties with adherence to timely filing deadlines and awareness of charge lag and lag time in work queue.
- Supports and acts as a resource to others in the department regarding patient registration and coverages.
- Acts as back-up support for the billing team.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification with two to three years of related experience in bookkeeping/accounting and/or a medical collection setting.
- Three to five years of previous billing or insurance experience.
- Working knowledge of computers, general office equipment, telephone console, medical terminology, collection techniques and communication skills that involves dealing with confidential information.
The hiring range for this position is $15.85 - $19.43 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position is eligible for participation in telecommuting program (for Missouri and Illinois).
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Insurance Billing/Collection Assistant II - Radiology - 50212
Job ID: 50212
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time