Washington University of St. Louis Insurance Billing/Collection Assistant II - Internal Medicine - 47930 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine. The position is located at 700 Rosedale suite 1570. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Performs follow-up insurance billing and collection activities, verifying accuracy and completeness of claims, working government and managed care credentialing rejections, resubmitting claims, and claim form edits in a timely manner.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs follow-up duties on credentialing rejections and claim form edits for government and managed care payers.
- Makes calls to payers to resolve the denial and resubmit the claims, utilizing various Department and University resources and payer websites.
- Request Medicare Railroad enrollment for providers.
- Verifies accuracy and completeness of out of state Medicaid credentialing claim edits.
- Responds to questions and requests.
- Supports department in answering credentialing questions.
- Acts as back-up support for department credentialing staff as needed.
- Special projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent certification with two to three years of related experience in bookkeeping/accounting and/or medical collection setting.
- Two or more years’ experience in a clinical or business office setting preferred.
Working knowledge of medical billing, insurance, computers, general office equipment, medical terminology, collection techniques and communication skills that involve dealing with confidential information*. *
The hiring range for this position is $15.85 - $19.43 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Insurance Billing/Collection Assistant II - Internal Medicine - 47930
Job ID: 47930
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time