Washington University of St. Louis Hematology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
We investigate the regulators of blood coagulation that allow hemostatic clots to form, prevent thrombosis and impact atherosclerotic, inflammatory and metastatic diseases. We study genetically modified mouse strains in models of human diseases. The successful candidate must be willing to contribute to any and all aspects of the research as necessary.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities include mouse breeding, genotyping, maintaining numerous mouse strains, obtaining protocol approvals, experimentation, data collection and analysis, and documentation of study procedures and results.
- The successful candidate will assist in experiments involving mouse models relevant to human physiology and human diseases.
- The successful candidate will perform molecular biology and biochemical analyses.
- The successful candidate will share responsibility in maintaining the laboratory within federal, state and university guidelines for Animal Safety and for Environmental Health and Safety.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
Master’s degree with 2 years of experience in a laboratory setting or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 7 years required.
- Master’s degree with 4 years of experience in research lab operations or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience with mice (blood and tissue collection, injections, anesthesia, whole animal perfusion.)
- Experience with molecular biology techniques (DNA and RNA extraction, PCR, RT-PCR), enzymatic activity analysis, immunologic techniques (ELISA, Western, histology) and tissue culture.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and to communicate data in a clear, concise manner.
- Computer literacy including the ability to use a variety of software packages to analyze data.
The hiring range for this position is $17.00 - $22.96 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
- Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards.
- Must be physically able to wear protective equipment.
- Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Research Technician - Hematology - 41460
Job ID: 41460
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time