Washington University of St. Louis Grant Specialist I - Medical Oncology - 42628 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Medical Oncology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position coordinates contracts, budgets, grants management and administration for the division, and assists with other aspects of division management. This position will assist the research administrator with managing research funding from the application submission to award and closeout. This position will work closely with the research administrator and principal investigators.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting faculty/fellows with completion of contracts, budgets, and grants, preparing and verifying accuracy/detail of final application, budget, and related information.
- Tracks budget and grant through submission, committee and agency approval processes, alerting administrative office to new funding and related developments.
- Generates financial reports using Focus/FIS, such as expenditures, department accounts, PAR authorizations, etc., reviewing account profile changes.
- Reviews accounts and ensures charges are appropriate and are following established agency/university guidelines, and monitors related financial activity.
- Assists with preparation of PI income/expense reports, and A21 compliance related materials.
- Process Subawards in the SUBS system.
- Maintains grant agency files/information.
- Conducts funding searches for faculty/fellows.
- Provide backup to Research Administrator, when necessary.
Equivalent of Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of experience in accounting or related field or 7 years of combined education and related experience.
- Equivalent of Bachelor’s degree in accounting with related experience in grants administration, and spreadsheets.
- Previous grant submission experience desired.
- Working ability to develop financial reports and analyze numerical/statistical data with flexibility to meet multiple priorities/deadlines as necessary.
The hiring range for this position is $20.77 - $26.46 per hour.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Grant Specialist I - Medical Oncology - 42628
Job ID: 42628
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time