Washington University of St. Louis Gold Hospitalist in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is part-time and works approximately 24 hours per week. Weekend coverage – 7a-7p Saturday and Sunday. Nurse Practitioner will work independent of collaborator.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Gold Hospitalist. The position is located at The Rehabilitation Institute of St. Louis (TRISL).
Position provides primary and/or specialty nursing and/or medical care in a variety of settings; works under physician oversight as required by state regulation, and functions within the scope of practice defined by the NP’s specialty certification, BJH medical by-laws, and, where it exists, the collaborative practice agreement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct patient care to include obtaining patient history, performing patient assessment via observation, interview and examination; orders, performs, and interprets diagnostic studies; performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care; provides direct treatment and management of acute and chronic disease conditions; develops and implements patient-centered plan of care in collaboration with physicians, patients, consultants, nurses, ancillary care providers, and others as appropriate to the patient’s condition
- Manages health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources; may perform diagnostic or therapeutic interventions consistent with certification and state regulations
- May bill for services covered by collaborative practice agreement
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options, and community resources
- Monitors/ensures accuracy of patient medical records, maintains all required reports, records, statistics, etc.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with established clinic/hospital standards
- Provides management services for clinical research study projects; monitors participating subjects, including medication administration and family/patient education
- Works in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental, and infection control standards
- Regularly participates in constant quality improvement and process improvement activities centered on the goal of providing exceptional, evidence-based patient care
- Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops
- Current MSN with emphasis in the Nurse Practitioner program.
- APN licensure or ability to successfully obtain licensure within 3 months of date of hire; Certain/additional certifications may be necessary based on area of specialty; Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements.).
- Holds current certification in patient care field and required specialty.
- Comfortable with recommending treatment plans independently.
- Extensive inpatient and some prior EMR (Epic and Cerner) experience are preferred.
- Previous NP experience in an inpatient setting.
- Ability to work independent of collaborator and make decisions on their own.
The hiring range for this position is $37.57 - $52.60 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
The Rehabilitation Institute of St. Louis (TRISL) is an acute rehabilitation hospital with 131 beds. Hospitalists at TRISL currently provide Internal Medicine consultative services for rehabilitation patients of generally high complexity and low-to-moderate acuity. Hospitalists also participate in Rapid Response events involving acute deterioration or change in clinical status and collaborate with Rehabilitation physicians in the daily care of patients.
This position is eligible for part-time benefits. Please visit our website at hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Nurse Practitioner (Part Time / Rehabilitation Institute of St. Louis / Weekends) - Gold Hospitalist - 42243
Job ID: 42243
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Part-Time