Washington University of St. Louis Gastroenterology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology Division (GI). The position is primarily for the Medical School Campus. Occasional responsibilities at surrounding locations required at BJWCH & South County campuses.
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
Position specializes in clinical supervision of GI staff support operations in fulfilling the GI division mission and meeting operational objectives. Key responsibilities include assisting with pre- / post- outpatient clinic and procedure operations, training and tracking of staff productivity, time keeping and temporary coverage.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Staff supervision:
- *Supervise operational processes.* Work in collaboration with Nurse Manager and Section Chiefs to develop and maintain staff support expectations; generate professional and productive patient and referring physician relations, training and onboarding new hires, coordinate electronic compliance and paperwork requirements, review assignments, and confirm data supports appropriate staffing needs with financial expectations.
- Special Projects. Supervise development of data for ad hoc project needs as determined by clinical and business leadership, develop project management plans and coordinate responsibilities across the sections within the Gastroenterology division to meet project timelines and deliverables.
- Data tracking:
- Serve as time reporting contact and develops vacation and sick coverage models.
- Other Functions:
- Provides direct patient care as needed, including development of patient care plans, administering medication, vitals, phlebotomy, monitoring IV therapies, and maintaining records in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
The statements provided herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program, plus a minimum of 2 years of related nursing experience.
- Current Missouri RN licensure in accordance with the Compact Act.
- Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- Superior writing, editing, planning, and organizational skills
- Minimum 5 years related nursing, administrative, business experience in university/medical environment
- Analytical and organization skills
- Technical experience with spreadsheets, word processing, EPIC EMR and internet tools
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Capacity to establish timelines/deliverables
- Ability to function effectively under deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Team player who works closely and supportively with all stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, when required
- Demonstrated ability and expertise in handling varied aspects of project development
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
Base pay commensurate with experience.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
The Division of Gastroenterology at the Washington University School of Medicine represents one of the finest examples of an academic training program, dedicated to the study of digestive and liver diseases. The balance of outstanding faculty, exemplary facilities, and a cohesive philosophy ensure consistent excellence across the missions of maintaining national prominence in research, teaching and patient care.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Nurse Supervisor - Gastroenterology - 41156
Job ID: 41156
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time