Washington University of St. Louis Forest Park Kidney Center in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
- Early evening hours and weekend on-call that rotate with other staff - approximately 10 weeks/year of call.
- Occasional, evening and weekend hours, if necessary, for patient care or training.
- Home visits and Home training; Candidate will need reliable transportation; provides personal transportation; mileage reimbursed by department.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Kidney Center Division located on the Medical School Campus.
Position is responsible for coordinating the care of patients for a designated service throughout the continuum of care. Serves as a clinical resource in area of specialty or expertise.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures and evaluates effectiveness of all in-home dialysis treatment including CAPD, CCPD, high efficiency HD, daily HD and nocturnal HD.
- Trains and monitors patients in home dialysis modalities.
- Coordinates follow-up care, clinic and other vendors, labs, supplies, etc.
- Instructs and provides education and training to both pre ESRD and ESRD patients and significant others.
- Provide support to patient and significant other by on-call coverage for the patient population. On-call coverage may include shared responsibilities in rotation with other home dialysis nurses.
- Provides cross coverage including in-center hemo assignments in times of census fluctuations at the discretion of the nurse manager.
- Implements policies and procedures with revisions and reviews on an ongoing basis to reflect any change in practice.
- Contacts outside sources such as pharmacies, labs, physician offices and vendors to set up schedules, appointments, dialysis supplies, etc.
- Review patient data and communicate accurate and pertinent information to the responsible physician and other health care persons in a timely manner and documents thoroughly.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program with 2 years of nursing experience.
- Current Missouri RN licensure in accordance with the Compact Act; Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements.).
- BSN degree and previous dialysis experience preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of experience.
The hiring range for this position is $53,165 - $74,443 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
The Renal Division of the Department of Internal Medicine at Washington University School of Medicine offers state-of -the art clinical expertise based on extensive and nationally recognized research. Each member of our clinical staff of 19 physicians is board certified in Internal Medicine with special certification in Nephrology. Our physicians treat all conditions related to kidney disorders including: acute renal failure ; chronic renal failure; congenital malformations dialysis; renal disease associated with diabetes mellitus; renal hypertension
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Nurse Coordinator (RN) - Forest Park Kidney Center - 41138
Job ID: 41138
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time