St. Mary's Good Samaritan Environmental Service Aide in St. Louis, Missouri
Under general supervision, performs aseptic cleaning associated with patient care units, ancillary areas, and administrative offices. Supports care delivery on patient units by maintaining sanitation standards and providing customer service.
- Develops exceptional patient satisfaction by consistently using established aseptic cleaning protocol and seeks to determine additional patient/customer needs to fulfill that demand.
- Promotes exceptional safety by appropriately marking the work area with safety signage and using designating chemicals for proper cleaning.
- Ensures exceptional clinical/service outcomes by observing and utilizing prescribed sanitizing protocol and employing meticulous hand hygiene practices.
- Enhances exceptional employee satisfaction by recognizing colleagues as co-workers and being sensitive to respect of others. Fosters an attitude of reconciliation and cooperation between shifts and departments.
- Contributes to exceptional physician satisfaction by developing positive relationships with nursing and ancillary units.
- Produces exceptional financial performance by completing all tasks during the assigned shift time and practicing stewardship of productive time.
- Improves exceptional growth by contributing to team building and collaborating with co-workers to affect efficiency and economy of force.
- High School or equivalent (GED)
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 7 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 2 hours a day
SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis –
SSM Health DePaul Hospital is a 476-bed hospital offering comprehensive medical services, including inpatient and outpatient surgeries using state-of-the-art technology and facilities. Opened in 1828, DePaul Hospital - St. Louis was the first hospital west of the Mississippi River and remains the oldest continuously existing business in St. Louis. DePaul Hospital serves patients from across the St. Louis metropolitan area, including the communities of Bridgeton, Florissant, Hazelwood, St. Ann, St. John, Maryland Heights and Overland.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Organization: SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis
Work Locations: SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis (0128) 12303 DePaul Drive Bridgeton, 63044
Job: Professional Services
Req ID: 18015858