Washington University of St. Louis Emergency Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Emergency Medicine. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position oversees and coordinates complex clinical research studies; serves as a resource to provide comprehensive information to clinical research staff by promoting a smooth operation of clinical research; responsible for preparation of metrics, performance measurement criteria, audit processes, financial management of funds and regulatory compliance standards; may supervise clinical research staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in protocol development, IRB preparation, site visits, monitor visits, enrollment and consent of patients, amendments and study close out procedures for a large and variable number of grant and industry sponsored studies. Provides high level of direct and indirect support to PI, Research Director and Division Director.
- Works with PI to design, perform, and evaluate research procedures; confers with PI to assist in developing plans for research projects and discuss the interpretation of results; collaborates in the preparation of manuscripts for publications and preparation of grant proposals to sponsoring agencies.
- Assists the Research Director and the Division Director in the ongoing development of the ECRC as a national recruitment site, assists in attaining multi-center trials, grants and resources to support the ECRC.
- Directly manages and serves as a resource to the clinical research staff, ensuring appropriate procedures, and explains policies and procedures; ensures that research projects are completed according to IRB and federal guidelines. Assists all other research nurse coordinators with study management and overall workflow. Provides study training to all members of the research team.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures; provides comprehensive direction to clinical research personnel; may participate in the hiring, training, and evaluation of clinical research staff.
- Performs clinical research audits on a routine basis and maintains metrics regarding quality and productivity of research coordinator staffing.
- Researches and recommends new methods and procedures to maintain standards and improve quality. Manages and reviews study enrollment and consent metrics. Makes recommendations to improve enrollment. Corresponds with study sponsors regarding questionnaires, CTA’s, study feasibility, IRB questions, etc.
Bachelor of Science degree plus 4 years of clinical or research experience with at least 1 year of lead or supervisory experience included; 8 years of relevant education and work experience may substitute for this requirement.
- Master's degree or RN preferred.
- 5-10 years of clinical and research experience specific to industry and grant related trials.
- 5 years of lead or supervisory experience; PC and data management skills (Microsoft, Redcap); strong organizational skills with prior experience in financial management of grants.
- Willing to work day, evening and night shifts, as well as take research call.
- Experience in Emergency Medicine or related field of medicine.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to communicate in oral and written form with all levels of personnel; ability to prioritize tasks in a diverse environment; must have demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
The hiring range for this position is $60,840 - $77,584 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions
Some travel required.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Specialist - Emergency Medicine - 41067
Job ID: 41067
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time