St. Mary's Good Samaritan Emergency Department Technician in St. Louis, Missouri
Supports the overall positive patient care experience by providing assistance to nursing staff and physicians in a collaborative environment.
- Contributes to overall quality and safe care for patients by answering patients’ calls for help, taking their vital signs, and monitoring their behavior and physical condition for progress or deterioration as measured by patient satisfaction, quality audits, direct observation.
- Creates a positive patient experience by assisting patients with their activities of daily living including assisting with baths, ambulating, feeding, skin care, personal and oral hygiene and making occupied and unoccupied beds as measured by patient satisfaction quality audits and direct observation.
- Contributes to quality care and safety by assisting and performing procedures such as performing dressing changes, enemas, ostomy care, toileting, turning, cough and deep breathing, catheter care, collection of biological specimens, measuring and recording intake and output of fluids.
- Contributes to exceptional patient satisfaction by establishing a compassionate environment by timely responses to patients' needs, open communication and providing emotional, psychological.
- Contributes to safety and quality care by relaying information via charting and communicating to team members.
- Contributes to achievement of exceptional health care by functioning as a member of the team as measured by active participation in department initiatives, unit meetings, committees and special projects.
- High School or equivalent (GED).
- Meets one of the following:
- Certified Nursing Assistant,
- Proof of completion of UAP Training Program (that meets requirements of Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services) within last 3 years,
- Documented experience as nurse assistant, EMT, or surgical tech in the past 3 years,
- Enrolled in nursing education program and is within 90 days of completing fundamentals of nursing course,
- Was nursing licensure candidate who failed state licensure in the past 3 years
- Has completed nursing program outside the U.S. and is awaiting licensure examination in this country.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills to communicate with patients, staff and customers. Required Certification – BLS
SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis –
SSM Health DePaul Hospital is a 476-bed hospital offering comprehensive medical services, including inpatient and outpatient surgeries using state-of-the-art technology and facilities. Opened in 1828, DePaul Hospital - St. Louis was the first hospital west of the Mississippi River and remains the oldest continuously existing business in St. Louis. DePaul Hospital serves patients from across the St. Louis metropolitan area, including the communities of Bridgeton, Florissant, Hazelwood, St. Ann, St. John, Maryland Heights and Overland.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Organization: SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis
Work Locations: SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis (0128) 12303 DePaul Drive Bridgeton, 63044
Req ID: 18014154