Washington University of St. Louis Education Coordinator - Surgery - 48663 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Surgery. The position is located at Wohl Hospital. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position is responsible for departmental education and training activities, development of materials organization of programs, and monitoring its success.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Functions as the first contact liaison for all issues or questions related to undergraduate medical education activities within the department.
- Provides primary support for the clerkship director in matters related to the surgical clerkship, and functions as their representative if requested.
- Participates in the grading process, including preparing and submission of final grades into the Learning Management System.
- Recruits and retains faculty educators for clerkship teaching.
- Establishes annual surgical education calendar for students based on medical school calendar.
- Understands the major responsibilities of other interacting departments (i.e., student affairs, medical education, registrar, etc.) and the curricular goals, policies, and standards of student education as it relates to surgery.
- Attends and participates in institutional, departmental, or national meetings as ongoing professional development and to remain informed about current academic trends.
- Manages daily operations of all undergraduate medical education for the department, which includes organizing and prioritizing necessary tasks, initiating changes, and resolving issues as they arise.
- Monitors the student evaluation process and maintains complete and accurate student files.
- Prepares data analysis reports to measure the program’s success, including assisting with the development of the department’s annual report.
- Executes special projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree is required with two years of experience in development of educational/training materials or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling six years.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to plan and organize work in an effective manner in order to meet timelines and goals.
- Demonstrates high level ability to function independently, use discretion, and attention to detail.
- Experience in medical student education.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
- Proficiency in problem solving.
The hiring range for this position is $21.18 - $26.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Education Coordinator - Surgery - 48663
Job ID: 48663
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time