HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director of Staffing Efficiency in St Louis, Missouri
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
At HCA Healthcare, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, student loan repayment, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement program.
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That’s why after more than a decade we remain dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future. As one of the healthcare industry’s leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services.
Position is remote with a preference for Nashville, TN.
TheDirector of Staffing Efficiencyis responsible for workforce management to support the strategic direction and performance improvement initiatives for all lines of business within Revenue Cycle Point Solutions (RCPS). This role will work cross-functionally with Executive Leadership and RCPS Directors to optimize the organization’s daily staffing and to identify processes/areas that will enable the achievement of performance improvement goals throughout the organization.
- Facilitates process and operational quality improvement projects by functioning as an analyst, consultant, and/or project manager as required.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts studies to produce operational best-demonstrated practices
- Analyzes and evaluates organization, processes, methods, and equipment; recommends changes or improvements based on study results. Identifies opportunities for automation of processes.
- Develops methods for measuring outcomes against standards; assists in the identification of criterions and effective qualitative / quantitative measurement tools.
- Owns/Champions the labor management analysis process including but not limited to productivity and other labor metrics such as Man-hour stats, FTE data, etc.
- Ensures RCPS lines of business staff appropriately for actual and projected account volumes including developing and monitoring staff scheduling practices.
- Reviews daily productivity data to identify lines of business / departments that require focus. Works with RCPS leadership to ensure compliance to productivity goals.
- Continually monitors productivity goals to ensure they are appropriate.
- Supports the RCPS Lines of Business by providing weekly and monthly productivity data analysis.
- Assists operations in managing information effectively to improve efficiency and performance.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Staffing Analysis Skills – knowledge of research techniques sufficient to collect and interpret data. Knowledge of descriptive statistics to analyze statistical data and prepare projections and recommendations related to staffing. Skill in interpreting and analyzing data and quantitative metrics for correctness and accuracy. Ability to apply business intelligence strategies to convert staffing business cases into solutions.
- Demonstrates ability to move beyond labor and productivity management by providing input toward areas such as resource consumption, business analyses, information systems utilization, and process automation.
- Excellent process design, group facilitation and change management skills.
- Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately. The ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships ,building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
- Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
- Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
Education & Experience
- Degree required, preferably in related discipline (e.g.., Industrial Engineering, Managerial Accounting) with a business emphasis; Masters preferred. Equivalent work experience may substitute education requirements if individual has served as a Staffing leader / Management Engineer in a prior role.
- Minimum of five years relative experience which may include some or all of the following: o Process re-engineering and the application of quantitative analysis techniques o Staffing, FTE management and/or sustainable workforce development and planning o Predictive Analytics and forecasting techniques o Division or company-wide strategy, planning and/or budgeting
- Experience with healthcare, Business Process Outsourcing, call centers, accounts receivable a plus
- Lean/Six Sigma certifications are a plus
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100.
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 275,000 people across more than 2,000 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: *Director of Staffing Efficiency *
Location: Missouri-St Louis-Corporate - RCPS
Requisition ID: 26571-188093