Washington University of St. Louis Director of Admissions - Medical Student Support Services - 50474 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Medical Student Support Services. The position is located at the North Building. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The Director of Admissions facilitates the development and implementation of the Admissions department’s short and long-range strategic plans and goals, infrastructure needs, and processes under the Associate Dean for Admissions leadership and in partnership with Office of Education Leadership as applicable.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads and oversees departmental operations and procedures. Responsible for the supervision, development, and evaluation of Admissions staff (5.0 FTE) who are responsible for daily scheduled activities, processing of Medical School applications, and scheduling of applicant interviews with the Committee on Admissions. Under the Associate Dean for Admissions’ leadership, the Director is responsible for the execution of the Office of Admissions’ missions and partners with Office of Education and School of Medicine leaders to fulfill the Education mission.
- Directs ongoing development, administration, and adaptation of Admissions’ application database (AMP) to meet evolving recruitment practices and processes. Ensures adjacent and complementary systems are interfaced or integrated as applicable with Admissions’ systems to ensures the efficient and effective transmission of applicant data to regulatory agencies and other School of Medicine departments, such as MSTP, Diversity Programs Financial Aid, Student Life, School of Medicine Registrar, and Curriculum. Serves as primary vendor liaison to all systems supporting the Admissions’ mission, ensuring that software development meets defined requirements, functions as intended, and are completed on schedule, and within budget.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of Admissions’ strategic plan, marketing plans, and overall recruitment strategy.
- Designs, programs, and maintains Admissions informatics for use by staff in their daily workflows and by the Director and Associate Dean of Admissions for the ongoing assessment of each applicant season, including analyzing trends against peer institutions and through review of AAMC/ AMCAS data.
- Develops and implements code to create working datasets for analysis and to report findings through statistical analysis software, including generating tables, graphs, and other presentation materials. Coordinates the links between various data sources within the complex WUSM educational environment to create reports for constituents in a meaningful, easy-to-interpret format.
- Serves as primary analytical contact for the department, creating methodologies to ensure operational goals and objectives are met.
- Prepares annual publications with Associate Dean for Admissions, including Reasons Report and COA Facts Report. Assists with publication of Handbook of Policies and Procedures, Study of Medicine Viewbook, and Disorientation Guide. Supports Admissions Websites by working with MPA and Office of Education Content Strategist. Provides oversight of publications, ensuring alignment with WUSM and university policies, AAMC guidelines, and LCME standards, and enforcement of the COA Handbook of Policies and Procedures.
- Assists with recruitment efforts through visits to outside undergraduate institutions, the directing of WUSM’s Second Look Weekend and Pre-Health Advisors Weekend, and oversight of daily interview day activities and events.
- Responsible for all mass group admissions actions, including acceptance and rejections, works with internal and external constituents to ensure an effective onboarding process, including the elevation of matriculation issues to the Associate Dean for Admissions for review. Assists COA members as necessary to maintain the functions and responsibilities of the COA. Provides executive functions to the COA, including documenting and tracking all actions taken by the Committee.
- Assists Associate Dean for Admissions with effective budget utilization and annual budgetary requests.
Marginal or Non-Essential Functions:
- Back-up for the Associate Dean for Admissions.
- Back-up for Assistant Dean for Admissions.
- Ongoing monitoring of national accreditation and policy changes and their related implementation at WUSM.
- Responsible for Admissions suite physical maintenance, elevating issues to appropriate Office of Education and School of Medicine resources as necessary.
- Serve as Liaison to AMCAS and 13 School Consortium.
- Leadership and managerial skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, direct people and control resources.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Expert level proficiency with Excel.
- Superior proficiency with SQL coding and database architecture, and knowledge of network systems.
- Knowledge of budgetary procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with a broad range of faculty, staff and students.
The hiring range for this position is $71,323 - $92,788 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Director of Admissions - Medical Student Support Services - 50474
Job ID: 50474
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time