SSM Health Dietary Worker in St. Louis, Missouri
Must be able to interact with customers, fellow employees, physicians and patients on a regular basis. Operates required equipment per safety specification. Prepares and deliver room service trays to patients, will work behind the grill, entrée station or specialty food bar preparing and serving customers, will set up and deliver food to special events and operate a cash register.
- Promotes Exceptional Patient Care by following all procedures related to patient room service and is willing to go out of their way to make sure the patient experience is a quality one.
- Promotes Exceptional Safety by following established procedures while cleaning and sanitizing work areas and equipment and following established HACCP procedures for proper food storage, labeling and food handling including knife handling and sanitation.
- Promotes Exceptional Employee Commitment by working in harmony with fellow employees, showing respect and courtesy at all times and willing to set aside personal differences so that the department can run without distraction or disruption.
- Promotes Exceptional Financial Performance by monitoring food served at their station in the café, kitchen or Room Service line and that correct portion sizes are served; maintains a well-organized work station and follows all guidelines in recording left overs and waste logs.
- Must be able to walk and bend for long periods of time while delivering trays to patients
- High School or equivalent (GED)
SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis –
SSM Health DePaul Hospital is a 476-bed hospital offering comprehensive medical services, including inpatient and outpatient surgeries using state-of-the-art technology and facilities. Opened in 1828, DePaul Hospital - St. Louis was the first hospital west of the Mississippi River and remains the oldest continuously existing business in St. Louis. DePaul Hospital serves patients from across the St. Louis metropolitan area, including the communities of Bridgeton, Florissant, Hazelwood, St. Ann, St. John, Maryland Heights and Overland.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Req ID: 18016952
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis
SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis (0128) 12303 DePaul Drive Bridgeton, 63044
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 63044
Weekend Rotation: PRN, Varied
Normal work hours: Facility Operations
Job: SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis
Organization: SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis
Work Locations: SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis (0128) 12303 DePaul Drive Bridgeton, 63044