Washington University of St. Louis Dialysis Technician II - Kidney Center - 49093 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week. Every other Saturday is required. Start time is 5 a.m.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine - Kidney Center located on the Medical School Campus, Chromalloy American Kidney Dialysis Center.
Position performs duties related to patient care such as initiating and terminating dialysis treatments, performing phlebotomy, maintaining records and responding to needs of patients that are treated in the outpatient dialysis setting.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Arranges and maintains equipment and supplies for performance of dialysis and other procedures, including preparation of Dialysate solutions.
- Performs cannulation, initiates, monitors and discontinues dialysis treatment.
- Observes and monitors patient vital signs and significant dialysis treatment parameters.
- Observes patient signs and symptoms.
- Communicates pertinent patient information or changes in patient condition to the team leader. Documents these results per unit policy.
- Transports, weighs and assists patients to and from wheelchairs, stretchers and chairs.
- Maintains patient confidentiality per HIPAA guidelines and responds to patient concerns in a timely manner.
- High School diploma or equivalent High School certification with six months of experience in a hospital or outpatient health care facility setting.
- Certification by nationally recognized board (CCHT, BONET or NNCO) is required within 18 months of hire.
- Basic Life Support.
- Dialysis experience.
- Medical Assistant/CNA certification.
- Organizational, interpersonal, communication, and phlebotomy skills.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Mathematical ability and ability to respond appropriately in emergent situations.
- Working knowledge of computers.
The hiring range for this position is $15.85 - $19.43 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Dialysis Technician II - Kidney Center - 49093
Job ID: 49093
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time