Washington University of St. Louis Comparative Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Comparative Medicine. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Operate and maintain mechanical cage washers and bulk autoclaves in accordance with departmental SOPs to sanitize/sterilize animal caging and related equipment. Sanitize animal research procedure labs and support spaces according to departmental SOPs and in accordance with guidelines of Animal Welfare Act and Public Health Service. Stock feed, bedding, and laboratory supplies including personnel protective equipment. Contribute to the quality animal care program that supports the research and teaching at Washington University. This position requires work on weekends and Holidays.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate mechanical cage washers and bulk autoclaves in accordance with departmental SOPs to sanitize/sterilize animal caging and related equipment. Report promptly any equipment problems to supervisor or manager.
- Fill clean animal cages with proper amount and type of bedding and fill clean water bottles.
- Conduct daily, weekly and other periodic maintenance of cage wash equipment including conducting and logging quality assurance test. Observe and support good health and safety practices regarding the use of chemicals and equipment.
- Transport animal cages, large equipment, water bottles, and feed and bedding supplies within the animal facilities.
- Conduct general cleaning and housekeeping of cage wash and service areas, including washing walls, floors, equipment, air vents, sinks, doors, door frames and feed containers.
- Perform additional duties as required by supervisor/manager/department.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: None at hire; must obtain Purina certification within 6 months.
- High School diploma.
- After training, ability to properly operate a variety of cleaning, sanitizing equipment including: rack washers, autoclaves, tunnel washers, floor scrubbers etc.
- A conscientious attitude and concern for quality is a must.
The hiring range for this position is $12.33 - $14.44 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Cage Wash Technician - Comparative Medicine - 41543
Job ID: 41543
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time