Washington University of St. Louis Community Outreach Representative II (Rapid Start) - Pediatrics Infectious Disease - 49873 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pediatrics Infectious Disease. The position is located at 620 S Taylor. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The position will serve in the role as a Peer Health Coach which provides intensive clinic and community-based navigation interventions to support linkage and retention of clients in healthcare. Peer Health Coach will assist in outreaching to clients who are new to care and will support engagement and retention in care. Health Coach will support clients in achieving optimum health outcomes through the identification and removal of barriers, conduct orientation to medical services, accompany to appointments (as needed), provide education, offer emotional support and linkage to support services and system, address language and cultural barriers and assist the team with screening for co-morbidities which can impact access and retention in care.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Act as a member of the multidisciplinary Care Navigation Team to address the needs of clients while maintaining the confidentiality and privacy of clients by engaging in the following responsibilities:
- Provide support to referred clients by assisting with navigation of medical appointments, orientation to care system/services, support and collaboration on addressing the needs identified in the joint service care plan.
- Participate as a member of the multidisciplinary team case conferencing.
- Work with the team to monitor kept medical appointments, viral load, and CD4 count to review each client’s adherence.
- Help remove barriers to attending medical appointments by referring to appropriate professionals as needed such as mental health services, case management, substance abuse treatment, coordination of transportation, and participation in retention activities. Conduct home visits as appropriate to execute plan of care for clients.
- Maintain and complete required documentation for the client record for each care plan & intervention completed.
- Complete trainings in the delivery of strength-based care and complete required orientation.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and community outreach/education leadership experience (i.e., Associate Degree plus 2 years of HIV/AIDS and/or other community outreach/education leadership experience; or HIV/AIDS and/or other community outreach/education leadership experience; 5-plus years of experience will also be considered).
- Master of Science degree.
- Background and/or willingness to work with persons living with HIV/AIDS.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Have knowledge and sensitivity about the needs / issues of various subpopulations such as families, young women with children, LGBT and persons living with HIV/AIDS.
- Effective organization skills.
The hiring range for this position is $15.85 - $19.43 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
Reliable transportation will be needed for this role.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Community Outreach Representative II (Rapid Start) - Pediatrics Infectious Disease - 49873
Job ID: 49873
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time