Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Support Specialist II - Neurology - 47099 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position is responsible for coordinating the Neuromuscular Clinical Laboratory in the Department of Neurology. This position includes duties associated with general administrative services, clinical functions, and billing related activities. This position requires an individual with strong communication and organizational skills.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Electronic Medical Record Systems & Information Technology Interfaces
- Management & administration of Electronic Medical Records Systems & Information Technology Interfaces
- Co-Path registration for all specimens
- Co-Path system Troubleshooting
- Coordination of Co-Path requirements for CAP, NY, CA, & FL licensures
- Clinical Laboratory Coordination
- Confers with facilities and physicians to explain purpose of testing, testing requirements of diagnostic procedures, turn-around- times and result interpretations
- Administers and evaluates all lab and clinical assessments to ensure they are completed in a timely manner
- Prepares oral or written presentation or reports and analyses and enters documentation into Co-Path
- Coordinates clinical data for all biopsies
- On-Call after-hours and on non-business days to assist physicians as needed
- Ensures receipt of complete and accurate requisitions from outside facilities
- Provides laboratory cost quotes to outside facilities
- Enters CPT charges into Co-Path for billing interface
- Interacts with internal and external physicians, staff, and lab personnel
- Scanning, faxing, sorting mail, shipping packages both international and domestic
- Managing and ordering office supplies for lab personnel
- Interacts with WU Facilities, Housekeeping, WUSTL IT, and NCIS for work orders related to the laboratory
- Other Functions
- Maintains required HIPAA compliance, skills/competencies and participates in in-services, staff programs, continuing education, and cross-training programs according to established standards and Washington University policies
- Complies with OSHA, state and federal regulatory sources/standards
- Participates in quality improvement activities to ensure appropriate outcomes
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a healthcare setting.
- 3 years’ experience in physician office or laboratory administrative position preferred.
- Interactive communication skills with ability to work with internal and external physicians, patients, families, significant others, and support staff; must have strong interpersonal, organizational, and telephone skills.
The hiring range for this position is $15.85 - $19.43 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Support Specialist II - Neurology - 47099
Job ID: 47099
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time