Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Support Specialist I - Pathology and Immunology - 49138 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pathology and Immunology. The position is located at the West Building. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position supports the clinical support service by managing outside material inventory, digital imaging, and ensuring the prompt return of materials to referring clinicians. Position also supports the clinical services area by providing courier services throughout the department and medical school campus.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enters relevant clinical information into medical record in support of clinical testing with the utmost attention to accuracy and completeness.
- Ensures the prompt return of materials to referring clinicians in accordance with departmental policies.
- Organizes and manages the current inventory of outside clinician materials in order to efficiently retrieve materials.
- Supports clinical support service through the ordering and labeling of slides for Digital Imaging.
- Couriers clinical samples and materials throughout department.
- Provides excellent customer service and promptly addresses any concerns from outside clinicians.
- Effectively prioritizes workload to ensure completion of duties within stated expectations.
- Retrieves materials from inventory in support of clinical testing requests.
- Assists with additional projects as needed.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Experience in a healthcare setting.
- Organizational skills and working knowledge of facility layout and purchasing functions.
- High attention to detail.
- Solid computer skills.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and troubleshoot as needed.
- Able to maintain professionalism at all times.
The hiring range for this position is $13.80 - $15.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
JOB LOCATION/WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office with heavy lifting and long periods of standing, walking.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Support Specialist I - Pathology and Immunology - 49138
Job ID: 49138
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time