Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Service Representative - Ophthalmology Clinical Practice - 50518 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Ophthalmology. The position is located at 22 N Euclid. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position is responsible for providing clinical office support which includes answering telephone calls, entering demographic and insurance/referral information, and scheduling appointments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers telephone calls and handles patient questions or routes to appropriate personnel.
- Schedules, reschedules, cancels, and confirms patient appointments. Contacts patient with reminder phone call.
- Registers new patients in the system and obtains demographic and insurance information.
- Assists with obtaining referrals/pre-certifications as needed.
- Provides packets of information to patients associated with services which may accompany the appointment.
- Assists other clinical support staff during peak time, vacation/illnesses.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- One year of experience in a medical office setting or related customer service/office experience.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication and customer service skills; working knowledge of insurance, medical terminology, and computer skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software.
- Experience in a clinical setting.
The hiring range for this position is $13.80 - $15.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Service Representative - Ophthalmology Clinical Practice - 50518
Job ID: 50518
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time