Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Service Representative II (Scheduling) - Program in Physical Therapy - 50184 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. The schedule for this position will be finalized by the hiring manager, upon hire, however, the work week is Monday through Friday during normal business hours and the position will require flexibility to meet the needs of patients and the clinical practice.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is with the Program in Physical Therapy located on the Medical School Campus.
This position functions to assist and support the Therapy Practice, clinicians, and staff with patient flow and smooth running of a fast-paced office. This position performs all aspects of a scheduler and customer service representative, by telephone, to ensure accuracy of data entered into the scheduling system including scheduling transactions, registration, entering demographic, and insurance/referral information. Staff member will serve as liaison to consumers (staff, patients, healthcare professionals and general public) and advocates the patients’ needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for registration and scheduling of new and returning patient appointments, cancelling, rescheduling, and obtaining/documenting necessary referrals, in Epic, for patient appointments. Serves as a liaison between consumers and WUSM; assists consumers in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner regarding appointment information, systems, procedures, and resources. Explains the relationship between internal and external customers and routes calls to the appropriate responder. Provides information on resources as appropriate.
- Responsible for managing internal and external referral orders. Internal referral orders are retrieved from the referral work-que and attached to appointments when scheduling. External referral orders are received from either patients or by fax and transcribed into Epic.
- Processes, monitors, and acts upon Epic In-Basket communication by assessing consumers’ needs, taking messages, and directing calls/In-Basket communications as appropriate. Takes any and all necessary steps to facilitate customer satisfaction. Processes assigned Epic work-ques and in-baskets in a timely manner.
- Offers assistance and back up support, as needed, to other clinical support staff. Serves as back up for other staff during peak times, vacations, and illnesses. Attends staff meetings, clinic meetings, and training sessions as they relate to the position. Other duties as assigned with occasional rotation between practice locations.
High School diploma or equivalent high school certification required with two years of experience in a medical office setting or related customer service/office experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills. Capable of greeting patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, multi-task, and follow through on assignments in a timely manner.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and thorough.
- Good organizational, critical thinking, and time management skills are necessary with the ability to prioritize a multifaceted workload and handle a variety of responsibilities in a flexible manner.
- Knowledge and use of general office machines required as well as computer knowledge/skills to include Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, and E-mail.
- EMR scheduling experience with Master scheduling preferred.
- Working knowledge of Epic HER to include Epic Scheduling. FIS experience a plus.
- Experience in ICD-10 and CPT codes, Medicare and managed-care guidelines, and medical terminology preferred.
- Ability to handle confidential matters discretely.
The hiring range for this position is $15.85 - $19.43 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
- Direct Patient Care Setting
- Normal Office Environment
- Exposure to Blood-Borne Pathogens
- Requires Protective Devices
- Typically Sitting at Desk or Table
- Repetitive Wrist, Hand, or Finger Movement
- Occasional Lifting (25-50 lbs.)
- Clinical Diagnostic Equipment
- Office Equipment
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Service Representative II (Scheduling) - Program in Physical Therapy - 50184
Job ID: 50184
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time