Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Service Representative II - Ophthalmology Clinical Practice - 49665 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Ophthalmology. The position is located at the Center for Outpatient Health. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position is responsible for providing clinical office support which includes greeting and registering patients, scheduling appointments, verifying insurance benefits and referrals, and collecting co-payments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fulfills the primary administrative support and non-clinical functions of a busy physician’s office by scribing medical data into a paper or electronic medical record system.
- Accurately documents events and decision-making in a manner that results in appropriate medical charting. Completes clerical activities necessary to assist with processing of physician orders for tests and medications.
- Greets patients, assisting with form completion; verifies accuracy of patient’s insurance and demographic information; provides HIPAA forms, arbitration forms, and consent-to-treat forms; collects co-payments.
- Reviews schedule for new patients, updating when necessary.
- Calls patients with appointment time reminder, obtaining insurance information and referral forms.
- Schedules return patient appointments and patient testing; validates patient’s parking. Sends out reminder cards and other related scheduling duties.
- May prepare patients’ charts for daily appointments.
- Assists patients with insurance questions regarding billing process.
- Other clinical duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification required with two years of experience in a medical office setting or related customer service/office experience.
- Experience in a clinical setting.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software.
- Experience working with the public.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills.
- Working knowledge of insurance, medical terminology, and computer skills.
- Ability to help foster service culture of positivity and inclusion by maintaining a positive attitude with co-workers and providing excellent customer service.
The hiring range for this position is $15.85 - $19.43 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Service Representative II - Ophthalmology Clinical Practice - 49665
Job ID: 49665
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time