Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Service Representative II - Ophthalmology Clinical Practice - 49066 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Ophthalmology. The position is located at 22 North Euclid. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position is responsible for providing clinical office support which includes greeting and registering patients, scheduling appointments, verifying insurance benefits and referrals, and collecting co-payments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets patients, assisting with form completion; verifies accuracy of patient’s insurance and demographic information; provides HIPAA forms, arbitration forms, and consent-to-treat forms.
- Collects co-pays for services; verifies and balances receipts and payments.
- Reviews schedule for new patients, updating when necessary.
- Calls patients with appointment time reminder, obtaining insurance information and referral forms.
- Prepares, distributes, and collects fee tickets; reviews fee tickets for completeness; reconciles fee tickets with daily schedule.
- Schedules return patient appointments and patient testing; validates patient’s parking.
- May prepare patients’ charts for daily appointments.
- Assists patients with insurance questions regarding billing process.
- Assists staff with sending out reminder cards and other related scheduling duties.
High School diploma or equivalent high school certification required with two years of experience in a medical office setting or related customer service/office experience.
- EPIC experience.
- Experience working with the public.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills; working knowledge of insurance, medical terminology, and computer skills.
The hiring range for this position is $15.85 - $19.43 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Service Representative II - Ophthalmology Clinical Practice - 49066
Job ID: 49066
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time