Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Research Study Assistant II - Ob/Gyn - 49869 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Ob/Gyn. The position is located at the Maternity Building. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position is responsible for working with the existing clinical and research staff of the Contraceptive Choice Center (C3). C3 is a family planning clinic which provides care to a diverse patient population including low-income and uninsured patients. The Research Assistant will work with the C3 team to perform medical intake activities, including contraceptive counseling, for new and existing C3 patients. The Research Assistant will also be responsible for recruiting C3 patients for new and existing research projects and conducting follow-up surveys over the telephone. This position will also be responsible for the community outreach and engagement activities, including but not limited to, building community relationships for the purpose of generating referrals and promoting linkages to the clinic, delivering presentations to collaborating agencies, participating in community health-related activities, and conducting outreach via social media. Additional responsibilities may include assisting with the recruitment and management of other clinical research studies in the Division of Clinical Research.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in medical intake activities for new patients according to clinical protocols; provides medically accurate contraceptive counseling; conducts follow-up surveys; refers participants to basic resources as necessary; routes clinical requests to C3 medical staff via electronic medical record.
- Community outreach and engagement activities, including but not limited to, building community relationships for the purpose of generating referrals and promoting linkages to the clinic, delivering presentations to collaborating agencies, participating in community health-related activities, and conducting outreach via social media.
- Assists with other duties as assigned by research team.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification plus two years of administrative or research experience, preferably in a medical environment; associate degree or two years of college may substitute for experience.
- Master's degree in social work, public health or related field.
- Two years of research and community outreach experience, preferable in a health care or non-profit setting; public health and/or social work background preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in community organizing or partnership management.
- Fluency is Spanish is highly desired.
- Effective communication skills and an interest in reproductive health.
- Ability to use discretion regarding confidential information, strong critical thinking skills, and capacity for detailed record keeping.
- Candidates should have ease and comfort discussing reproductive health issues and familiarity with scientific and medical terminology.
- Interactive communication skills with ability to work with physicians, patients, families, significant others, support staff, and community agencies.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and telephone skills.
The hiring range for this position is $17.58 - $21.98 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
Reliable transportation needed.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Study Assistant II - Ob/Gyn - 49869
Job ID: 49869
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time