Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Research Coordinator II - Pediatric Allergy, Immunology & Pulmonary Medicine - 48970 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pediatric Allergy, Immunology & Pulmonary Medicine. The position is located at the Northwest Tower. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position performs clinical procedures for ICAC, CREW and ECHO studies, assists with study recruitment and enrollment, participant retention and data collection/data entry.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs clinical study visits in accordance with study protocol. Performs allergy skin tests, BIA, eNO measurements, collects nasal blow samples, stool samples and urinary cotinine specimens. Interviews and gathers data from families enrolled in studies.
- Serves as assistant to the lead staff member for PFT procedures including IOS/Spirometry, IOS/Spirometry Reversal and Methacholine Challenges. Performs these pulmonary function studies on participants according to protocol and American Thoracic Society guidelines under the direction of the trial coordinator and PI. Maintains the quality control of the pulmonary function equipment, performs daily calibration, cleaning, and disinfection of pulmonary lab equipment.
- Assists with new study recruitment by identifying, screening, consenting and enrolling eligible participants.
- Performs data entry from information obtained during annual clinic visits. Maintains participant binders ensuring all information is accurate and up to date.
- Attends conference calls as delegated. Attends trainings for new procedures as needed.
As study evolves, primary focus/duties should be expected to change.
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of two years of clinical research experience; a combination of relevant work and education equaling six years may substitute for this requirement.
- Respiratory Therapist Licensure in the state of Missouri.
- Well organized and flexible.
- Interpersonal skills as well as good organizational, computer, and clinical skills.
The hiring range for this position is $48,131 - $60,174 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Coordinator II - Pediatric Allergy, Immunology & Pulmonary Medicine - 48970
Job ID: 48970
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time