Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Research Coordinator II - Neurology - 50341 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. The position is located at the Northwest Tower. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists investigators as a coordinator in the Clinical Translational Unit of the Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Research Center to grow clinical trial activities for children with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support rare disease research related to intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) at Washington University and St. Louis Children’s Hospital
- Provide administrative support necessary to join clinical/research networks
- Maintain patient registries
- Organize educational events
- Assist with strategies to acquire and establish new Centers of Excellence
- Support development and implementation of therapeutic clinical trials
- Develop/maintain a patient database of known genetic abnormalities
- Update databases at regular intervals, including merging data from genetics, neurology, and other relevant EHR data
- Access EPIC and hospital-based tools for extracting data from medical records for research
- Facilitate collection of research biospecimens
- Maintain IRB and regulatory data
- Assist in protocol development and IRB submission for clinical research
- Maintain research records
- Plan and Organize Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Research Center Clinical Trial Unit conferences and symposiums
- Promote Clinical Trial Unit
- Generate public awareness of clinical trials for IDD
- Communicate ongoing clinical trial activities with referring regional providers
- Contribute to publications highlighting the work of the Clinical Translational Unit
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of two years of clinical research experience; a combination of relevant work and education equaling six years may substitute for this requirement.
- Master’s level degree in related area.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Record tools: EPIC, SlicerDicer and MDClone preferred.
- Working knowledge of techniques and methodologies used in developing, coordinating and managing clinical research projects, computer programs database management and systems.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
The hiring range for this position is $48,131 - $60,174 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Coordinator II - Neurology - 50341
Job ID: 50341
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time