Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Research Coordinator I (Part-Time) - Pulmonary and Critical Care - 47608 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is part-time and works approximately 20 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care. The position is located at the Northwest Tower. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists investigators as coordinator of a basic to moderately complex clinical research study; may be responsible for multiple research studies simultaneously, acting as a liaison with the school, sponsoring agency, community and the study participants; responsible for managing and recording all phases of study protocol as required by sponsoring agency to ensure compliance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Routinely implements and manages all phases of study/protocol; ensures compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies; establishes record-keeping systems; makes assessments and determinations of participants’ progress in the study; analyzes, investigates, and reports adverse events; makes decisions as when to notify physicians of issues, when to stop participant inclusion, and/or to make and/or recommend adjustment of the protocol of particular participants; resolves IRB/protocol management issues and recommends corrective action as appropriate; serves as liaison with funding or sponsoring agency.
- Routinely recruits and enrolls study participants; makes and/or participates in making determinations of eligibility based on diagnostic criteria and/or observations/analysis in participant interviews; develops informed consent packets for study participants and confers with participants to explain purpose of study and obtain completed informed consent packets; explains diagnostic procedures and treatment plans to address participant/family concerns; administers/scores tests and/or evaluates all lab and clinical assessments to ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Routinely ensures timely completion of all protocol requirements (assessment, lab testing, procedures and treatments) to include scheduling and facilitating the patient’s timely completion of protocol requirements; evaluates and interprets collected clinical data in conjunction with PI as appropriate; prepares oral or written presentations or reports and analyses setting forth progress trends and provides recommendations or conclusions of the same.
- Routinely collects clinical data under clinical research protocols.
- Performs other duties incidental to the work described herein.
Bachelor’s degree required; prior work experience, preferably in clinical research support, is highly preferred; a combination of relevant work and education equaling four years may substitute for this requirement.
- Working knowledge of computer programs and systems.
- Communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
The hiring range for this position is $20.83 - $26.06 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for part-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Coordinator I (Part-Time) - Pulmonary and Critical Care - 47608
Job ID: 47608
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Part-Time