Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Research Coordinator I - Bone Marrow Transplant - 50247 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology. The position is located at the Mid Campus Center. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists investigators as coordinator of a basic to semi-complex clinical research study; may be responsible for numerous research studies simultaneously, acting as a liaison with the school, sponsoring agency, community and the study participants; responsible for managing and recording all phases of study protocol as required by sponsoring agency to ensure compliance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements and manages all phases of study/protocol; ensures compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies; identifies problems and/or inconsistencies and monitors participant’s progress to include documentation and reporting of adverse events; resolves IRB/protocol management issues and recommends corrective action as appropriate; serves as liaison with funding or sponsoring agency.
- Recruits and enrolls study participants; confers with participants to explain purpose of study and obtain informed consent; explains diagnostic procedures and treatment plans to address participant/family concerns; administers/scores tests and/or evaluates all lab and clinical assessments to ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Evaluates and interprets collected clinical data in conjunction with PI as appropriate; prepares oral or written presentations or reports and analyses setting forth progress trends and provides recommendations or conclusions of the same.
- Collects clinical data under clinical research protocols.
- Performs other duties incidental to the work described herein.
Bachelor’s degree required; prior work experience, preferably in clinical research support, is highly preferred; a combination of relevant work and education equaling four years may substitute for this requirement.
- SOCRA or ACRP certification.
- Some experience in a medical office.
- Working knowledge of computer programs and systems.
- Communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
The hiring range for this position is $43,326 - $54,204 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Coordinator I - Bone Marrow Transplant - 50247
Job ID: 50247
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time