St. Mary's Good Samaritan Clinical Partner - 3 South in St. Louis, Missouri
The Patient Care Tech (PCT)/Clinical Partner creates an environment that is customer focused and professional by providing support to the nursing team
- Contributes to overall quality and safe care for patients by answering patients’ calls for help, taking their vital signs, and monitoring their behavior and physical condition for progress or deterioration as measured by patient satisfaction, quality audits, direct observation.
- Creates a positive patient experience by assisting patients with their activities of daily living including assisting with baths, ambulating, feeding, skin care, personal and oral hygiene and making occupied and unoccupied beds as measured by patient satisfaction quality audits and direct observation.
- Contributes to quality care and safety by assisting and performing procedures such as performing dressing changes, enemas, ostomy care, toileting, turning, cough and deep breathing, catheter care, collection of biological specimens, measuring and recording intake and output of fluids.
- Contributes to exceptional patient satisfaction by establishing a compassionate environment by timely responses to patients' needs, open communication and providing emotional, psychological.
- Contributes to safety and quality care by relaying information via charting and communicating to team members.
- Contributes to achievement of exceptional health care by functioning as a member of the team as measured by active participation in department initiatives, unit meetings, committees and special projects.
- High School or equivalent (GED).
- Meets one of the following:
- Certified Nursing Assistant,
- Proof of completion of UAP Training Program (that meets requirements of Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services) within last 3 years,
- Documented experience as nurse assistant, EMT, or surgical tech in the past 3 years,
- Enrolled in nursing education program and is within 90 days of completing fundamentals of nursing course
- Was nursing licensure candidate who failed state licensure in the past 3 years
- Has completed nursing program outside the U.S. and is awaiting licensure examination in this country.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills to communicate with patients, staff and customers.
- Required Certification – BLS
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital –
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital is a not-for-profit, 190-bed inpatient and outpatient pediatric medical center in St. Louis, MO. We specialize in neonatology, cardiology, pediatric and fetal surgery, and cancer services. We care for children of all ages from St. Louis, Missouri, Illinois and from around the world. We also focus on the overall health of our communities in addition to the health of the children living in them.
Our love for kids just keeps on growing!
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Organization: SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
Work Locations: SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital (0010) 1465 S. Grand Blvd. St. Louis, 63104
Req ID: 18014048