Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Nurse Coordinator - Gastroenterology/IBD - 42613 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Position hours are generally normal business hours.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology Division. The position is located at Wohl Clinic. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The majority of activity will be at the Washington University Medical Center. Occasional coverage at sites such as Barnes Jewish West County Hospital and South County Center for Advanced Medicine may be required.
This clinical nurse coordinator position will be in the Inflammatory Bowel Diseases section of the Division of Gastroenterology which focuses predominantly on advanced, patient-centered care for individuals affected with Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and related conditions.
Position provides phone support and direct patient care according to established guidelines set forth by the physicians the position supports.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The position will provide clinical support, education and tracking of patients receiving treatments, examinations, surgeries, procedures, etc., in an inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Balance between back office phone triage and clinical office setting with some potential exposure to infectious materials, toxic drugs, some moving, lifting and transferring of patients.
- Considerable phone volume and variable work schedule.
- Clinical phone triage, medication adjustments, lab result monitoring, and patient and family education including biologics infusion programs.
- EMR entries and patient tracking, Insurance preauthorization patient advocate.
- Other duties as assigned.
The statements provided herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program with 2 years of nursing experience.
- Current Missouri RN licensure in accordance with the Compact Act.
- Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- 3 years of related experience preferred.
- Epic experience.
Base pay commensurate with experience.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
The Division of Gastroenterology at the Washington University School of Medicine represents one of the finest examples of an academic training program, dedicated to the study of digestive and liver diseases. The balance of outstanding faculty, exemplary facilities, and a cohesive philosophy ensure consistent excellence across the missions of maintaining national prominence in research, teaching and patient care.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Nurse Coordinator - Gastroenterology/IBD - 42613
Job ID: 42613
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time