Washington University of St. Louis Clinic Manager - Pediatrics Cardiology - 49378 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pediatrics Cardiology. The position is located at the Northwest Tower. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position responsible for coordination of daily operations of the pediatric service including physician support, patient services, staff supervision, and organizational management. Participates in the strategic planning and overall development of the service.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works to increase and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction. Provides management direction and assistance in resolving issues and complaints by physicians, patients and referring physician offices. Coordinates patient services, including scheduling and pre-cert services, ensuring quality care is provided in a convenient, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Works with the Division Chief, Medical Director(s) and departmental administration on developing the strategic plan to grow the Center. Implements and monitors the developmental action plan.
- Budgetary and scheduling responsibility for all support staff, nursing staff and providers.
- Manages nurse practitioners, RNs and LPNs and medical assistant support staff. Duties include hiring, onboarding, training, coaching, mentoring, evaluation and termination. Works in collaboration with Ambulatory Services leadership to oversees the operation of ambulatory clinics, exam rooms and procedure rooms, both on Medical School/BJH/SLCH campus and in community-based or mobile (i.e. van or bus) locations.
- Manages clinical and administrative support staff. Duties include hiring, onboarding, training, coaching, evaluation and termination of all clinical and clerical support staff.
- Budgetary responsibility for clinical and office supplies, including medications and medical supplies. Ensures coordination and maintenance of Center equipment and supplies. Keeps supplies within set par levels. Notifies Director of any facility related issues including the need for equipment repair or purchase. Completes new equipment request paperwork.
- Ensures patient safety, including reviewing ERS patient safety alerts and taking action or collaborating to take action where appropriate. Monitors medication and sample inventory and logs in collaboration with Ambulatory Services leadership.
- Responsible for meeting BJH/SLCH/JCAHO accreditation indicators for the service. This includes ensuring the providers, nurses and staff are up to date on their training/educational needs, compliance with infection control & safety regulations.
- Works closely with departmental leadership to initiate new policies/procedures and quality control indicators through quality assurance, process improvement and risk management programs. Maintains compliance with existing policies and procedures.
- Serves as the service member to management committees and the WU Physician Clinical Administrator Committee. Distributes information, including required education or training and re-education, and implements committee decisions.
- Promotes and maintains effective communications and collaboration with WUSM faculty. Serves as the BJH/SLCH on-site liaison. Responsible for ensuring smooth patient process while implementing BJH/SLCH protocols within the WUSM clinic.
- Responsible for the management of the WUSM and BJH/SLCH charge process as well as assisting to resolve all patient account inquiries.
- Provides reports, analysis and maintains records as required. Acts upon reports provided by departmental administration.
- Obtains expert knowledge of clinical systems, including EPIC.
Bachelor’s degree and five to seven years’ clinic office experience, including three to five years supervisory experience in an academic health center, hospital, or healthcare industry setting required. An equivalent of eight years’ combination of education and experience may substituted.
- Clinical degree preferred (MA, LPN, RN, RT, or others).
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of patient services.
- Organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- A thorough understanding of what medical records, scheduling, phone triage, academic support and insurance verification/precert positions entail is strongly preferred.
The hiring range for this position is $62,067 - $79,144 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinic Manager - Pediatrics Cardiology - 49378
Job ID: 49378
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time