Washington University of St. Louis Cardiology in St. Louis, Missouri
Position works on an as needed basis.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Cardiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Obtains insurance information, referral forms and counsels patients on financial assistance when seen in department for services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtains insurance information from patients and counsels alternative ways for financial assistance.
- Registers all new patients, assisting with form completion.
- Reviews schedule for new patients, updating when necessary.
- Calls patients with appointment time reminder, obtaining insurance information and referral forms.
- Explains billing process to patients, answers incoming inquiries from patients and third-party payers.
- Explains billing process to other IBC staff; assists with basic account maintenance activities.
- Assists patients with insurance questions regarding the billing process.
- Assists staff with sending out reminder cards and other scheduling duties.
High school diploma with 3 years of experience in billing systems and third-party claims and/or experience in a medical office setting or related customer service/office experience.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills and working knowledge of insurance and financial options.
The hiring range for this position is $15.54 - $19.05 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions
- This position will support the main office on the medical school campus on the 13th floor of the Northwest Tower with covering the scheduling area and answering phones in our cost center.
- It will also support the West County office in Creve Coeur, checking patients in and out.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Patient Billing/Services Representative II (PRN) - Cardiology - 41176
Job ID: 41176
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: On Demand