Washington University of St. Louis Billing/Scheduling Associate I - Medicine Multispecialty Center - 48947 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Medicine Multispecialty Center. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Obtains insurance information, referral forms, and counsels patients on financial assistance over the phone or by email. Schedules and coordinates patient appointments over the phone or by email, with no patient contact.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtains insurance information from patients and counsels alternative ways for financial assistance.
- Communicates with physicians and clinical staff to assist with scheduling urgent or referred patient scheduling calls/requests.
- Reviews schedule for new patients, updating when necessary.
- Calls patients with appointment time reminder, obtaining insurance information and referral forms.
- Explains billing process to patients, answers incoming inquiries from patients and third-party payers. Works with others to solve relatively simple problems.
- Assists patients with insurance questions regarding the billing process.
- Assists staff with sending out reminder cards and other scheduling duties; assists with basic account maintenance activities. Works Relatient patient reminder system results and contacts patients or makes scheduling changes.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- One to two years of experience in billing systems and third-party claims and/or experience in a medical office setting or related customer service/office experience.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of insurance and financial options.
- Ability to prioritize with effective organization skills.
The hiring range for this position is $13.80 - $16.53 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Billing/Scheduling Associate I - Medicine Multispecialty Center - 48947
Job ID: 48947
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time