Washington University of St. Louis Billing Scheduling Associate II - Otolaryngology - 47914 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Otolaryngology. The position is located at the McMillan Building. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Obtains insurance information, referral forms and counsels patients on financial assistance over the phone. Schedules and registers patients over the phone or by email, with no patient contact.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtains insurance information from patients and counsels alternative ways for financial assistance.
- Communicates with physicians and clinical staff to assist with scheduling urgent or referred patient scheduling calls/requests.
- Provides patient scheduling services to include collecting demographics and insurance registration. Reviews schedule for new patients, updating when necessary.
- Calls patients with appointment time reminder, obtaining insurance information and referral forms. Process internal physician referral for clinical care.
- Explains billing process to patients, answers incoming inquiries from patients and third-party payers. Works with others to solve moderately complex problems.
- Explains billing process to other staff; assists with basic account maintenance activities.
- Assists patients with insurance questions regarding the billing process.
- Assists staff with sending out reminder cards and other scheduling duties. Works Relatient patient reminder system results and contacts patients or makes scheduling changes.
- Based on physician input may make daily edits and temporary changes to provider scheduling templates.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification with three years of experience in billing systems and third-party claims and/or experience in a medical office setting or related customer service/office experience.
- EPIC EMR and scheduling background.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and working knowledge of insurance and financial options.
- Effective customer service skills.
- Prioritization and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
The hiring range for this position is $16.31 - $20.39 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Billing Scheduling Associate II - Otolaryngology - 47914
Job ID: 47914
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time