St. Mary's Good Samaritan Admissions Associate - Home Health in St. Louis, Missouri
Under general supervision and following established policies and procedures, supports the patient care experience through collaboration with other departments, coordination of the needs of the patient, registration and scheduling of the patient by obtaining accurate and updated personal, demographic, and insurance information. Communicates clinical preparation and general instruction to patients. Communicates clinical preparation and general instruction to patients. Ensures compliance of payer regulations to ensure appropriate and timely payment.
- Coordinates initial registration of all Home Care patients – obtains and documents patient demographic and insurance information, verification of correct physician and referral source information, ensures referral diagnosis, home bound, F2F and any other regulatory information is obtained and ensures that all medical information is protected, accurate and updated in the Database.
- Prepares and utilizes reports in daily work and provides to Manager/supervisor and Home Care Team as directed.
- Responsible for participating in a call center environment, using exceptional customer service skills when answering phones responding to patient and other customer requests, patient/other customer inquiries, coordinating service requests, and determining the most effective resolution to customer issues
- Collaborates notification of patient to Home Care Team (including Admission Coordinators, Clinicians, Supervisors and Managers) through verbal, written and/or huddles.
- Communicates and coordinates daily activities of department, updates appropriate staff of any changes as directed. Maintains department data and report files, provides reports as directed. Ensures all daily, weekly and monthly department reports are prepared and utilized in daily work per office guidelines/procedures and/or policy.
- Maintains Physician Database & Physician Licensure, NPI and OIG exclusions of new doctors and on a yearly basis for all branches.
- Improves effective operations of the department through participation in meetings, participation in CQI process improvement activities. Participates in review and handles the update of Department Processes, Contact Lists, Book of Knowledge Lists and Guidelines etc., as needed and as assigned.
- Prepares labels, memos, letters, email communications and spreadsheets as assigned; Types meeting minutes for department.
- Contributes to the processes to maintain safety and quality. Prints, reviews and completes assigned Quality reports per protocol. Communicates immediate patient concerns and or service recovery opportunities to Department Supervisor/Manager. Completes OFI or Occurrence reports as indicated.
- Rotates holiday, weekend and on call coverage, as assigned. May require shift work.
- Completes other duties, as assigned.
- High School or equivalent (GED)
- At least 6 months of experience with hospital patient accounting, insurance verification, patient registration, and/or customer service related work in a healthcare environment.
- Previous computer experience in a healthcare environment. Experience with MS Office.
- Previous medical terminology experience
- Position requires effective oral and written communication skills to communicate with patients and other internal and external customers. Requires good decision making and problem solving skills.
- Understands and incorporates team concept in daily activities. Assists team to achieve goals by being helpful, dependable and flexible.
- 1-2 years of college classes preferred
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 50 lbs.
Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily.
Standing or walking more than 4 hours a day.
Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 4 hours a day.
SSM Health at Home –
SSM Health at Home offers highly skilled and experienced caregivers to help patients through difficult times. Services include extended at-home care, help managing pain or special support during terminal illnesses. SSM Health at Home is located in Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Organization: SSM Health at Home
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health at Home - Westview
Work Locations: SSM Health at Home - Westview (0114.5) 12312 Olive Boulevard St. Louis, 63141
Job: Clerical & Customer Service
Req ID: 19000026