Washington University of St. Louis Administrative Coordinator - Medical Oncology - 50156 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology. The position is located at Mid Campus Center. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position provides diversified administrative and clinical support for Medical Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant & Leukemia physician clinical disease leaders and their associated tumor boards and division initiatives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain faculty licensure (BNDD, DEA, state license and affiliated hospital credentialing) and ABIM/MOC accreditation.
- Answer multi-line phones, screen and route calls providing necessary information and assisting patients and other callers with all requests. Route patient calls to appropriate clinical team member or the Call Center in accordance with division policy.
- Open and sort incoming mail and e-faxes daily. Complete any necessary paperwork, obtain physician signatures as needed.
- Maintain physicians’ administrative and clinical calendars, document schedules and send reminders for meetings, lectures, seminars, and Inpatient/Consult/Jeopardy Attending and Supervising Physician assignments.
- Update physicians’ CVs quarterly or as needed.
- Make travel arrangements (air, hotel, ground transportation), prepare itineraries and submit travel expense reports/receipts for reimbursement.
- Organize and facilitate conference calls, web conferences and canvas/schedule for meetings as needed.
- Prepare slide presentations, handouts and agendas for lectures and meetings as required. Take meeting minutes as required.
- Print physicians’ daily clinic schedules from EPIC as needed.
- Communicate with the Call Center Master Scheduling staff regarding the editing/closure of clinics due to physicians’ vacations/absences/inpatient attending in a timely manner to minimize the bumping of patients following division policy.
- Maintain the division Faculty Out calendar for assigned physicians including covering physicians.
- Act as a liaison between all guests and visitors and faculty, NPs.
- Assist physicians with clinical applications such as EPIC, M-Modal and Clindesk.
- Monitor completion of annual DOM compliance requirements for assigned physicians. (Code of Conduct & Billing Compliance) etc.
- Track and maintain documentation of annual CME credits for WUSM RSS and outside conferences such as ASCO, ASH and ASBMT.
- Facilitate tumor boards; advance preparation and conference set-up for physicians’ tumor boards. If CME accredited maintain required documentation for CME office.
- Facilitate signing of electronic death certificates as necessary.
- Format and proofread manuscripts and abstracts for faculty as needed.
- Submit faculty updates as needed to appropriate website content managers.
- Remind/assist with updates to COI website as physician delegate if appropriate.
- Cover for vacation/absences for other administrative staff as needed.
- Perform special projects assigned by Division Administrator as needed.
Equivalent of an associate degree with two to four years of experience in university/medical environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook calendaring and academic/clinical software and applications.
- Familiarity with standard office equipment.
- Ability to use discretion and good judgment.
- Organizational and supervisory skills.
The hiring range for this position is $19.18 - $24.47 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator - Medical Oncology - 50156
Job ID: 50156
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time