St. Mary's Good Samaritan Dietary Worker in St. Charles, Missouri
Must be able to interact with customers, fellow employees, physicians and patients on a regular basis. Operates required equipment per safety specification. Prepares and deliver room service trays to patients, will work behind the grill, entrée station or specialty food bar preparing and serving customers, will set up and deliver food to special events and operate a cash register.
- Promotes Exceptional Patient Care by following all procedures related to patient room service and is willing to go out of their way to make sure the patient experience is a quality one.
- Promotes Exceptional Safety by following established procedures while cleaning and sanitizing work areas and equipment and following established HACCP procedures for proper food storage, labeling and food handling including knife handling and sanitation.
- Promotes Exceptional Employee Commitment by working in harmony with fellow employees, showing respect and courtesy at all times and willing to set aside personal differences so that the department can run without distraction or disruption.
- Promotes Exceptional Financial Performance by monitoring food served at their station in the café, kitchen or Room Service line and that correct portion sizes are served; maintains a well-organized work station and follows all guidelines in recording left overs and waste logs.
- Must be able to walk and bend for long periods of time while delivering trays to patients
- High School or equivalent (GED)
- Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 7 hours a day
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 7 hours a day
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles –
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - St. Charles is a 433-bed hospital offering highly-specialized care for critically ill patients. The hospital excels in many areas, including open-heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, trauma and emergency services, sleep medicine, obstetrics, surgical services, oncology, vascular surgery, orthopedics and gastroenterology.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Organization: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Charles-SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles (0002) 300 First Capitol Drive St. Charles, 63301
Job: Facility Operations
Req ID: 18500191