SSM Health Radiology Technologist in Saint Louis, Missouri
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE CRITERIA (% of time)
Essential Functions: The Following are essential job accountabilities and performance criteria:
1) Demonstrates the skills to produce quality radiographs. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) 50%
A) Produces quality images by using appropriate exposure technique to ensure proper penetration of the area being radio graphed.
B) Demonstrates the proper use of metal markers and or placement of markers electronically.
C) Document an appropriate patient history containing pertinent patient information regarding their condition and including patient limitations.
D) Physician orders are to be written and verified prior to the start of the exam.
E) Use the Kodak CR Imaging System to produce quality films and perform the items listed below:
1) Know the procedure for starting up and shutting down the CR system.
2) Utilize the menu selection functions on the touch screen.
3) Navigate the different information screens and ensure that the correct patient and procedure are selected for exposure.
4) Reprint exams as needed.
5) Load cassettes properly.
6) Clean cassettes as needed.
7) Load the laser printer correctly with film.
8) Trouble shoot problems and /or know how to call for support.
F) Perform OR/Surgery cases using C-arms and portable machines efficiently.
G) Supervise and teach Radiology students exams and procedures as part of their clinical rotation, providing feedback to the Clinical Educator on their performance.
H) Communicates technical information in a manner appropriate for the intended person (patient, co-worker etc.).
I) Responds to changes in the workload using time to departmental advantage.
2.) Observes established departmental policies, safety, environmental, and infection control standards. (1, 2, 3, 4,5, 6, 7, 8) 5%
A) Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition.
B) Adheres to hospital safety and infection control policies.
C) Reports faulty equipment to appropriate persons.
D) Uses protective equipment as needed.
E) Practice Radiation Safety for patients, self, and co-workers.
F) Wear radiation dosimetry badge daily.
3) Attends departmental in-services and meetings as instructed by Manager. (1, 2, 3, 5) 5%
A) Attends appropriate orientations.
B) Attends required in-services.
C) Attends departmental meetings or reads the meeting minutes that is send through the MOX system in Meditech.
D) Reviews education poster boards located in the department.
4) Performs other duties as appropriate and needed by supervisors. (1, 2 ,4) 5%
A) Demonstrates attitude of cooperation and professionalism when working in
all areas of the hospital.
B) Displays initiative and enthusiasm for non-routine or extra duties.
C) Seeks out duties that need to be done without being told to.
5) Safety/Infection Control: Practices according to safety and infection control policies. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8) 5%
A) Practices universal precautions and disposes of hazardous wastes per established guidelines.
B) Maintains a safe, clean, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients/families/employees in accordance with hospital standards.
Maintains clutter free environment.
Keeps conversations and background noise to a minimum.
Adheres to dress code.
C) Reports risk management concerns.
D) Assumes responsibility for completing all annual mandatory.
Blood Borne Pathogen
Age Appropriate Care (for clinical staff only)
Assigned .EDU courses
E) All patients are to be properly identified by checking the patient armband. In areas that do not utilize armbands, 2 unique identifiers should be used to verify identification of the patient. Example: ask name, date of birth, or SS number.
6) Participates in continuing education. (2, 3) 5%
A) Obtains 24 CE points every 2 years per ASRT regulation.
B) Maintains a good standing rating with the ASRT.
7) Service: Follow the Target 100 Standards. Provides service excellence to the customers of Saint Louis University Hospital by delivering timely, high quality care in a courteous, and respectful manner. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) 10%
A) Demonstrates respect and compassion to our internal and external customers, co-workers, and all others while delivering excellent care and courteous service.
B) Follows the hospital confidentiality policy at all times.
C) Recognize the diverse needs of others in regard to culture, religion, disability, etc.
G) Demonstrates willingness to work with others to achieve work-related goals while performing daily duties and promote teamwork.
H) Works with other departments to provide service to our customers.
I) Follows HIPAA guidelines regarding patient health information.
J) Answers questions in a knowledgeable manner or directs questions to someone who is able to provide answers.
8) Performance Improvement (PI): Incorporates Quality Improvement into one’s daily work. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) 5%
A) Reviews departmental QI, QA, & QC monthly during the departmental monthly meetings and by reviewing the posted information.
B) Provides data/ input to the Radiology management staff pertaining to the current departmental QI Teams projects.
9) Uses Hospital/ Radiology Information system according to policy. (2, 3, 4, 5) 5%
A) Enters information into the Radiology module correctly and in a timely manner.
B) Provides training and direction to co-workers as necessary.
C) Moves all completed exams to taken status within 30 minutes of completion of exam to help ensure the 24 hours report turnaround time is met.
D) Enter/ edit exams as needed.
E) Print consent forms for procedures from Meditech as needed.
F) Check the internal MOX email system for messages. Send messages that are professional and appropriate only.
10) Age Appropriate Care: Provide age-appropriate care to: School age 6 years to 12 years, Adolescent 12 years to 18 years, Adult, 19 years to 64 years, Geriatrics, 65+ years. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) 5%
A) Demonstrates knowledge and skills of normal growth and development necessary to provide services to the age of the patients served by the department.
B) Demonstrate the ability to assess and interpret age specific data to identify patient needs.
C) Utilizes communication skills necessary to interpret age specific response to questions.
DISCLAIMER: Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Rationale for Essential Functions
1) The performance of this functions the reason the job exists.
2) There are limited employees among whom the performance of this function can be distributed.
3) This function occupies a great deal of the employee’s time.
4) This function is highly specialized. Employees are hired for the skill/ability to perform this function.
5) Failure to perform this function may have serious consequences.
6) The function was performed by past employees, and is performed by current employees.
7) Exposure to blood borne pathogens that requires the use of protective equipment.
8) Exposure to tuberculosis that requires the use of protective equipment.
9) The performance of this functions the reason the job exists.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Graduate of a Radiology Technology program and registry eligible.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: Two years Radiology Technology experience preferred.
REQUIRED COURSE: CPR preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to blood and body fluid. Exposure to blood borne pathogens and other biological hazards. Subject to varying or unpredictable situations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to stand for and walk for long periods of time.
Ability to lift, push, and pull 100 plus pounds. Ability to move or transfer patients. Ability to deal with strenuous and physical activity daily in lifting, pulling, pushing, patients, radiographic equipment cassettes and/or supplies.
Department Head___________ Date____
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. An individual working in their job classification must also perform specific tasks upon request by supervisor personnel. Furthermore, the duties and responsibilities for this job classification are subject to change at the discretion of Saint Louis University Hospital.
SSM Health is committed to equal employment opportunity based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, and all other statuses protected by law.